Monday 8 March 2010

Beautiful Things







1. Baboushkas
2. Wall of Collections
3. Birdcage
4. Lampshade Pattern
5. Another View of 'the wall'

I like to surround myself with beautiful things...Due to a misfortune involving straws and chance I inherited the smallest bedroom in our house. However, for what it lacks in size it makes up for in detail. I gave up on the notion that successful interior design had to be matchy-matchy, and decided to bring along only my favourite and most treasured trinkets across the globe to embark upon student life in a different country.

Now my room is a space made up of eclectic and personal artefacts that I have picked up or been given throughout my life. I always look up to 'The Wall' which consists of photographs, postcards, design work, leaflets, magazine pages and just general nonsense. It is a constant reminder of who I am and what I genuinely like.

My baboushkas and my birdcage were both birthday presents, I love how the birdcage doubles up as storage (mainly because I have no space in my pokey little room), and my mum left the £20 price sticker on. I don't want to remove it because it feels like it's part of an antique shop and makes me want to look at every little thing I have in my room as if it were all individually for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellow bloggers, thank you for leaving comments, I really appreciate your opinions and feedback

Peace & Lurve

Emma
xxx

Followers