Wednesday 14 April 2010

I Love My Bones





Considering I had transfer paper I decided to give designing my own t-shirt a go, just to see how it would turn out. As a first design I decided on something that was familiar and that I knew would be relatively successful; "I heart my bones" in the style of the infamous "I heart NY" and other cities t-shirts. I decided on I heart "my bones" because I have a strange preoccupation with anatomical drawings and I have always wanted a t-shirt that has a ribcage on it, as if I was constantly walking around in an X-Ray machine. Weird I know. But instead of trying a full scale rib cage as I have seen it before, I incorporated the bones into a design that everybody recognises but is not copyrighted! The 1st photo of me is taken on PhotoBooth as no one was around and I don't have a tripod, so the words are reflected, however the 2nd photo is what the front of the t-shirt actually looks like. There are a few blips like the background of the design is quite visible and I accidentally messed up the M on "my bones", but I think these little quirks give the shirt character and are quite reflective of my personality; slightly careless but still creative and motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellow bloggers, thank you for leaving comments, I really appreciate your opinions and feedback

Peace & Lurve

Emma
xxx

Followers