Friday 5 February 2010

A Typographic Dilemma



These are the options for my final print out of a typography project. The brief was called "Text as Image" and the point was to evoke an appropriate visual response to whichever quote you wanted. Mine is "Death is one moment, Life is so many of them" by Tennessee Williams.

My idea was to accentuate the idea of the numerous moments we have in life opposed to the one moment of death. I constructed a mountain/cliff like structure out of the word "life" and the word "death" placed on top is synonymous to a person looking over the cliff, a dangerous act associated with death.

I think the quote is a very positive one and instructs you to live life to the fullest and not to fear death, however out of all the colour tests i tried my tutors like the red/black/white combination. This combo also reminds me so much of a cover of the Economist which Drake has took inspiration from for his new album cover: http://i39.tinypic.com/72vqev.jpg

Not sure which to choose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellow bloggers, thank you for leaving comments, I really appreciate your opinions and feedback

Peace & Lurve

Emma
xxx

Followers